Thursday 19 September 2019

Finding A Common Ground


When I am with the Jews, I become one of them so that I can bring them to Christ. When I am with those who follow the Jewish laws, I do the same, even though I am not subject to the law, so that I can bring them to Christ. When I am with the Gentiles who do not have the Jewish law, I fit in with them as much as I can. In this way, I gain their confidence and bring them to Christ. But I do not discard the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. When I am with those who are oppressed, I share their oppression so that I might bring them to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone so that I might bring them to Christ. I do all this to spread the Good News, and in doing so I enjoy its blessings.  1 Cor 9:20-23 (NLT)

Have you ever wondered why you need to be well-read, why you need to understand the systems and groups of the world or why you need to be the best at what you do? Paul gave us the answer in the scripture above. Being all things to all people that we might win them to Christ.

Staying in our little group and being defined in that group can only win members of that group to Christ yet, we have a commission to evangelize the whole world. Our destiny is to preach this gospel to every nation and group in the world. So, we have a duty to try to find common ground with everyone.

You might need to learn about football so you can win over your Premier League loving friends or completing your PhD so you will have the platform to win over those in the Academia. You will learn about the history of other nations, their cultures and lifestyle so you can ‘fit in with them as much as you can’ in order to win them to Christ.

But how do we remain consecrated and separate, you ask? Well, let’s read the verse 22 again in the Message translation “… I didn't take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ--but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view” we do not take on their way of life, we keep our bearings in Christ, our feet firmly rooted in God’s word all the while meeting them at a common ground for the sake of the gospel.

If you have not made Jesus Christ your Lord and saviour, you cannot take advantage of what God had prepared for you. We urge you, don’t wait another moment. Make up your mind and say this prayer:

“Dear God, I ask you to forgive me all my sins and make me anew. I believe that Jesus died for me and you raised him up for my justification, I confess that He is Lord over my life, now and forever. I accept the ministry of the Holy Spirit into my life in Jesus name, Amen!” Congratulations! Now that you are born again, look for a Bible believing Church to attend that you might know what God has provided for you. (For more Christian articles, kindly visit www.lothshine.blogspot.com, thank you.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you were blessed by this article, kindly let us know in the comments.