Saturday 12 October 2019

Give Thanks




In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thes 5:18

Have you thanked God for what and where you are today?
I came across this sometimes back.

It was spring, but it was summer I wanted - The warm days, and the great outdoors.
It was summer, but it was fall I wanted – The colourful leaves, and the cool, dry air.
It was fall, but it was winter I wanted – The beautiful snow, and the joy of the holiday season.
I was a child, but it was adulthood I wanted – The freedom and the respect.
I was 20, but it was 30 I wanted – To be mature and sophisticated.
I was middle-aged, but it was 20 I wanted – The youth and the free spirit.
I was retired, but it was middle-age I wanted – The presence of mind, without limitations.
My life was over,  But I never got what I wanted.
                                                            Jason Lehman.

Wait, lets bring it closer home.

I was in school, but it was to be a graduate I wanted – The joy of not having to face a lecture or endless assignments.
I was a graduate, but it was employment I wanted – To have my own money and live in comfort.
I got employed, but it was to own my business I wanted – The freedom of controlling my schedule and time.
I own my business, but it was stable income I wanted – Not to be worried about balancing the account and all these odd hours work.
I was single, but it was marriage I wanted – Someone to share my life with, what thrill.
I got married but it was youth I wanted - Not to have these many responsibilities ...

got the gist.
Today is the answer to your prayers of yesterday, so enjoy it. Count your blessings and give thanks.       


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you were blessed by this article, kindly let us know in the comments.