Friday 4 August 2017

Following the Inner Witness




I was in my sophomore in the university in an outreach program organized by the church I attended. This was the last day of the outreach program and it was a healing service. Several healings were already taking place and something happened that inspired me writing this article. 

 A lady had just come out to testify of the healing power of God on her eyes. She was used to wearing glasses to aid her eyes. She was filled with joy. Unknown to me the lady who stood just beside where I sat at the program was a friend to the person testifying. She exclaimed 'I know her', that was how I got to know. 

 I noticed that she too wore a pair of glasses. I not only saw her joy but her expectation too, her friend had just been healed in her eyes. I immediately felt like ministering to her myself. I felt she deserved her own healing too from God. All these happened just in my head. Although there was a willingness in me, I took no action. 

 I just narrated one out of several other experiences of mine. After that evening program, I felt that lady didn't go to her hostel healed because I did nothing. I was 100% sure if I simply took a leap of Faith by acting on my knowledge at that point in time, she would have been healed. 


 I am no healing evangelist, but I have attempted praying for people who were ill around me and seen the healing power of God at work in them. Sometimes the healing was immediate and most other times, it was gradual. Aside all these, I don't know why I love hearing, seeing and experiencing the supernatural. I know many Christians run away at such matter, but our hands today are extensions of Jesus' hands. 

We really don't have to have any portfolios to experience the supernatural acts of God. I have learnt from that experience amongst others to be yielded to the leading of God within me. Imagine we all who have no title in church, going about our normal daily activities laying our hands on as many sick people around us. We are bound to see God's power work through us, and with no 'ministerial experience' we turn the world around. 

I am sure I'm not the only one caught in this kind of dilemma, countless number of us who believe in Jesus' resurrection are not yielding to the resurrection power of Christ in us. We must make up our minds to flow where the Spirit leads and demonstrate the power of God we have.
If you have not made Jesus Christ your Lord and saviour, then life here is anchorless and eternity is bleak. We urge you, don’t wait another moment. Make up your mind and say this prayer:
“Dear God, I ask you to forgive me all my sins and make me anew. I believe that Jesus died for me and you raised him up on the third day, I confess that He is Lord now and forever. I accept your son, Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.”
Congratulations! Now that you are born again, look for a Bible believing church to attend that you might know what he has provided for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you were blessed by this article, kindly let us know in the comments.